Butternut & Roasted Garlic Hummus
Hummus is one of my favourite things ever, the flavour combinations are endless and it's great both as a snack with brown rice crackers or as a side to a meal. It's particularly awesome atop my Curried Buckwheat and Charred Broccoli Salad! If you're busy with work, school or university, it's nice and portable too. I hope you love this recipe - its been on high rotation this week in my kitchen!
- 1/2 medium-large butternut squash
- 6 large cloves garlic, in skins
- 2 cans organic chickpeas in unsalted water, rinsed + drained and skins removed if you'd like extra smooth hummus as per the photo above
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1 juicy lemon
- 2 tbsp unhulled tahini
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2/3 cup water
The How To
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Remove skin and seeds from the squash and dice into small cubes.
- Place the squash on a baking tray and toss through olive oil as well as salt and pepper. Put the garlic cloves on the tray with the squash and roast for 20 minutes.
- Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth, scraping down the sides as necessary. Allow to cool, then store in an airtight container in the fridge.
I'd love to hear your thoughts on this recipe, so don't forget to comment, like and share! ♥