Turmeric & Toasted Sesame Hummus
I love making a big batch of hummus on a Sunday to use in meals throughout the week. It's the most perfect topping for any salad and is great as a snack with some chopped up veggies. At the moment I'm loving this turmeric version and I hope you do too! The addition of sesame oil is the secret to the flavour in this recipe - it really is amazing. And if you can't find fresh turmeric, feel free to substitute an extra 1/2 to 1 tsp of the dried stuff. This hummus is absolutely divine served with my Curried Buckwheat and Charred Broccoli Salad.
- 2 cans organic chickpeas in unsalted water
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 1 juicy lemon
- 2 tbsp unhulled tahini
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan salt
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tbsp freshly grated turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground turmeric
The How To
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend away until smooth!
- Allow to cool down before transferring to an airtight container and storing in the fridge. Delicious served with a drizzle of high quality olive oil, a few chickpeas, smoked paprika and chopped parsley.